Unbound is looking for an experienced Financial Accountant to facilitate payments and prepare monthly and quarterly financial statements for our company.
Financial Accountant responsibilities include making day-to-day payments, managing tax payments, preparing financial statements, and supporting audits. You will act as a consultant for senior leadership, working directly with the CEO to manage monthly and quarterly reporting. To be qualified for this role, you should have 5 years of accounting and relevant work experience.
- Responsible for the day-to-day financial operations within the company
- Preparing monthly and quarterly management reporting in Quickbooks, inclusive of the P&L, Balance Sheet, and Statement of Cash Flows
- Managing Accounts Payable by facilitating payments for manufacturing invoices, contractors, agencies, and all other payments
- Managing Accounts Receivable by invoicing wholesale retailers
- Managing monthly and quarterly state sales tax payments in Avalara
- Working with 3rd party accounting firm to prepare annual tax filings for the company
- Supporting senior leadership in processing workers compensation and disability payments and audits via NYSIF
- Investigates means to improve profitability
- Manage the company's financial accounting, monitoring, and reporting systems
- Ensure compliance with accounting policies and regulatory requirements
Financial Accountant Requirements:
- 5 years of experience in accounting
- Strong demonstrated experience in Quickbooks and Bill.com
- Experience with state and federal tax filings
- Familiarity with state tax filing requirements; experience with Avalara a plus
- Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Ability to work and effectively communicate with senior-level business partners
- Analytical thinker with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills
- This role is a contract position and employment is under 1099 status
- Generally, this role will be 8-10 hours per week but hours will fluctuate depending on the time of year (e.g., EOY reporting, taxes schedules, financial statements)
- Unbound is based in NYC. Due to COVID, we are a fully remote team in 2022.
- Travel or relocation is not required for this role but company retreats are a possibility in the future.
- Applicants must be US based. Sponsorship is unavailable for this role.
- Unbound is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Want to apply?
Send a brief note on why you think you’re great for the position along with your resume to email@example.com with the subject line “Financial Accountant - [YOUR NAME]”.
Kindly note, due to the volume of applicants, we are unable to reply to questions regarding the status of the hiring process.
A letter from our team re: Roe
Our Product Picks for Pregnant People, Hitting the G-Spot, Bottom Growth and More
What We Keep On Our Nightstands
Our Guide to Silicone & Glass Toys
Sex Toy Showdown: How our Best Selling Plugs & Dil’s Match Up
UNBOUND BABES IN THE WILD
Follow us @unboundbabes