Unbound is looking for an experienced Financial Accountant to facilitate payments and prepare monthly and quarterly financial statements for our company.
Financial Accountant responsibilities include making day-to-day payments, managing tax payments, preparing financial statements, and supporting audits. You will act as a consultant for senior leadership, working directly with the CEO to manage monthly and quarterly reporting. To be qualified for this role, you should have 5 years of accounting and relevant work experience.
- Responsible for the day-to-day financial operations within the company
- Preparing monthly and quarterly management reporting in Quickbooks, inclusive of the P&L, Balance Sheet, and Statement of Cash Flows
- Managing Accounts Payable by facilitating payments for manufacturing invoices, contractors, agencies, and all other payments
- Managing Accounts Receivable by invoicing wholesale retailers
- Managing monthly and quarterly state sales tax payments in Avalara
- Working with 3rd party accounting firm to prepare annual tax filings for the company
- Supporting senior leadership in processing workers compensation and disability payments and audits via NYSIF
- Investigates means to improve profitability
- Manage the company's financial accounting, monitoring, and reporting systems
- Ensure compliance with accounting policies and regulatory requirements
Financial Accountant Requirements:
- 5 years of experience in accounting
- Strong demonstrated experience in Quickbooks and Bill.com
- Experience with state and federal tax filings
- Familiarity with state tax filing requirements; experience with Avalara a plus
- Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Ability to work and effectively communicate with senior-level business partners
- Analytical thinker with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills
- This role is a contract position and employment is under 1099 status
- Generally, this role will be 8-10 hours per week but hours will fluctuate depending on the time of year (e.g., EOY reporting, taxes schedules, financial statements)
- Unbound is based in NYC. Due to COVID, we are a fully remote team in 2022.
- Travel or relocation is not required for this role but company retreats are a possibility in the future.
- Applicants must be US based. Sponsorship is unavailable for this role.
- Unbound is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Want to apply?
Send a brief note on why you think you’re great for the position along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Financial Accountant - [YOUR NAME]”.
Kindly note, due to the volume of applicants, we are unable to reply to questions regarding the status of the hiring process.
Unbound Holiday Shipping Estimates
Learn about the Pep vibe!
5 Ways To Improve Communication For A Bomb Sex Life
16 People with Bottom Growth Detail Their Experience with Puff
UNBOUND BABES IN THE WILD
Follow us @unboundbabes