Product Development Manager
Unbound is seeking a bright, sex positive individual to help us build thoughtful, innovative, and affordable sexual wellness products.
As Unbound’s Product Development Manager, you will manage the development of our vibrators, lubricants, and sexual accessories. You will work alongside Unbound’s technical engineer and the CEO to bring products to market.
To succeed, you must be an incredibly organized individual with exceptional project management skills. You love thoughtful design, building relationships with manufacturers, and making sure the right team members know their tasks.
We’re looking for someone who knows how to turn an idea into a reality and is motivated by building great products. You’re comfortable looking at a CAD, working with beta testers, and communicating with manufacturers. You’re motivated by building bold products and passionate about making sexual wellness accessible for all.
- Conducting market research for predefined product concept
- Delivering CAD designs from Unbound’s technical engineer to manufacturers
- Managing the RFQ process for sourcing a manufacturer for prototyping
- Ensuring all safety, ISO, and relevant certificates are up-to-date and on file
- Managing the prototyping and beta testing process with Unbound’s community
- Implementing beta testing feedback with Unbound’s technical engineer to prototypes
- Creating product pricing strategy based on unit economics
- Determining initial PO order quantity and submitting invoice to accounting for payment
- Managing the production process end-to-end
- Working with the operations team to ship product from manufacturers to the warehouse
- Building ongoing relationships with manufacturers and working to sourcing new ones
- Forecasting the product development calendar based on manufacturing timelines
- Evaluating product defect data and reporting it back to manufacturers
- Liaising with Unbound’s legal team on IP search and patent filings
- Ad hoc product development ideation and strategic planning
- 2+ years in project management
- Demonstrated ability to communicate product requirements to manufacturers overseas
- Ability to work and effectively communicate with senior-level business partners
- An analytical and metrics driven work style
- Experience leading cross-functional projects to launch products on tight deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to lead open discussions with beta testers
- Comfortable viewing and analyzing CAD files
- Proficient in Excel for building pricing strategies
- Experience in bringing consumer products to market in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in CAD software (e.g., Creo, Solidworks)
- Experience in Basecamp
- Demonstrated experience working with manufacturers overseas
- There will be a paid assessment for second-round candidates
- The starting salary for this W-2 position is $80,000 per year
- Unbound is based in NYC. Due to COVID, we are a fully remote team in 2022
- Travel or relocation is not required for this role but company retreats are a possibility in the future
- Applicants must be US based. Sponsorship is unavailable for this role.
- Employment benefits for full time positions at Unbound include health insurance (including vision and dental), an FSA and 401k program, childcare stipend, and employee equity. Unbound employees also receive paid time off and sick days.
- Unbound is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Want to apply?
Send a brief note on why you think you’re great for the position along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Product Development Manager - [YOUR NAME]”.
Kindly note, due to the volume of applicants, we are unable to reply to questions regarding the status of the hiring process.
A letter from our team re: Roe
Our Product Picks for Pregnant People, Hitting the G-Spot, Bottom Growth and More
What We Keep On Our Nightstands
Our Guide to Silicone & Glass Toys
Sex Toy Showdown: How our Best Selling Plugs & Dil’s Match Up
UNBOUND BABES IN THE WILD
Follow us @unboundbabes